This video will show you how to can pears using a water bath. It is a very simple process that only requires a few ingredients and tools.
How To Can Pears Video
Canning pears is a great way to preserve this delicious fruit for later use. In this video, you will learn how to can pears using the water bath method. First, you will need to sterilize your canning jars and lids. Then, you will need to cut the pears into quarters and remove the cores. Next, you will need to put the pears into the jars and cover them with syrup. Finally, you will need to seal the jars and
– a large pot with a tight fitting lid – a canning rack – canning jars and lids – pears – sugar – water – cinnamon (optional)
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover the jars by
- Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 10 minutes
- inches. bring to a boil. carefully lower the jars
– Pear varieties: There are a few types of pears that can be canned. The most popular are the Bartlett, Anjou, and Comice. – Preparing the pears: Pears need to be washed and then peeled. If they are not organic, it is best to use a produce wash or vinegar to remove any wax or chemicals. – Cutting the pears: Cut the pears into quarters or eighths, depending on the size
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Raw Pack Pears For Canning?
Yes, you can raw pack pears for canning. Pears are a little bit tricky to can because they are so delicate, but if you follow the right steps, it is definitely doable. First, make sure your pears are ripe but not too ripe. Then, peel and core them and pack them into your jars. Make sure there is enough space at the top of the jar for the pears to expand as they cook. Pour hot syrup over the pears until they are covered, and then seal the jars. Processing times will vary depending on your altitude, but typically pears will need to be canned for 25 minutes.
How Do You Blanch Pears For Canning?
To blanch pears for canning, first peel and cut them into small pieces. Then, bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the pear pieces. Boil for 2-3 minutes, then drain and place the pears in a large bowl of ice water. When they are cool, pack them into clean jars and cover with syrup.
How Do You Preserve Raw Pears?
The best way to preserve raw pears is to store them in the fridge. They will stay fresh for about two weeks.
Taking Everything Into Account
The pears in the video are peeled and cored before being canned. The canning process is then started, and the jars are filled with the pears and syrup. The jars are processed in a water bath for 25 minutes, after which they are cooled and stored.