Who doesn’t want the place they live in to smell really nice? Scentsy warmers are a smart way to achieve this goal. They release the scent by melting wax of different fragrances and then diffusing it. But every now and then the wax is spilled on the outside of the Scentsy warmer. You don’t want it there.
So, how to clean wax off outside of Scentsy warmer is the problem on our hands. A clean warmer will render a better fragrance and it looks better. The warmer has quite a fragile body. So, you have to be careful while cleaning the outside of the Scentsy warmer.
But don’t you worry! This problem has some really easy solutions. We will discuss how to clean the outside of the Scentsy warmer without breaking or putting any scratch on it. And when you are done cleaning, it will look like it was bought just yesterday.
The easiest ways to clean wax off outside of a Scentsy warmer
You can clean the wax off the outside of your Scentsy warmer in several ways. But let’s see which ways are the easiest.
Hairdryer and paper towel
This is undoubtedly the easiest and most efficient way of getting rid of the unwanted wax on the outside of your Scentsy warmer.
- Take a hairdryer and set it to maximum heat.
- Now blow it over the warmer exactly where the wax is located.
- In a few seconds, the wax will start to melt.
- After melting is complete, wipe the melted wax off the warmer with a paper towel.
- Now repeat the process if any stubborn wax is still left.
Freeze it in the fridge
If your Scentsy warmer doesn’t have a very fragile glass body then this process is going to work like a charm.
- Put the Scentsy warmer into the refrigerator.
- While frozen contracts in size.
- It means the unwanted wax on the warmer body will harden and at the same shrink in size.
- The only thing you need to do is pill it off the warmer body.
- And voila! The outside of your warmer is clean.
Scrape it off
The good old way of getting things off of other things. This process will help you out if you can’t put the warmer in a refrigerator.
- Take a spatula or a clamshell to get the job done.
- Do not use a butter knife or anything made of metal. You will put scratches on the warmer.
- Let the wax set and get hard before going for the operation.
- Now with the spatula or the sharp end of the clamshell start scraping the wax off the warmer.
- When you are satisfied with the result, wipe the warmer off with a paper towel.
Scentsy counter clean
Well, this product is produced for this very purpose. It is mainly used to clean the wax-containing pot. But you can use it on the outside.
- Just take the counter cleaner and pour it into a spray bottle.
- Now spray enough cleaner liquid on the surface of the warmer.
- Wait for a bit so that liquid can do the magic on the warmer body surface.
- Now wipe it off with a piece of cloth.
- This method is best when freezing or scraping doesn’t get the job done very well.
You don’t have a Scentsy counter cleaner available in your house at the moment. But you need to or want to clean the spilled wax on the outside of the warmer. White vinegar is the answer.
- Take the vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Now spray enough vinegar on the outside surface of the Scentsy warmer.
- Spray the vinegar where the wax is.
- Vinegar dissolves wax. So, wait for it to happen.
- Now wipe it off with a piece of cloth.
- Mission accomplished without the counter cleaner.
The wax in your Scentsy warmer is oil-based. So, any cleaner that dissolves oil will do the trick. Oven cleaner falls into this category.
- Take the oven cleaner and spray it on the outside of the warmer.
- Target the wax on the outside while spraying.
- Spray in intervals and spray enough to make sure the wax outside is dissolved.
- When the wax is dissolved enough, wipe it off with a paper towel or a piece of cloth.
- Repeat the process until the wax is completely gone.
The oil-based Scentsy wax will get dissolved in rubbing alcohol. So, you have it in the house, why not clean the Scentsy warmer with it?
- Pour the rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle.
- Spray it on the outside of the Scentsy warmer.
- Wait for the spilled wax to dissolve.
- Now wipe it off with a paper towel.
- Be careful with the usage of rubbing alcohol as it is super flammable. Use it only on the necessary spots and wipe off the remaining very carefully.
Hot water treatment
Although oil and water do not mix, hot water will melt the wax on the outside of a Scentsy warmer. And that will make the cleaning a lot easier.
- Remember the scraping method. Well, this is a refined version of that.
- Take a piece of cloth that is thick enough to soak a good amount of water.
- Dip it into water that is hot enough to have some effect on the wax.
- Now place the piece of cloth on the warmer covering the wax stains.
- In a while, the wax should melt a little at the edges.
- Put some pressure at an angle on the wax and it should come off the warmer surface.
- Or use a spatula to remove it, only this time no scraping should be a lot easier.
How do you clean dried Scentsy wax?
There are quite a few ways to get it done including some techniques we have already discussed.
- You can scrape it off with a spatula or a butter knife depending on the surface.
- Use a hairdryer to melt the wax and then clean it off with a paper towel.
- Put a paper towel on the wax and cover the towel with a piece of cardboard. Now, use an iron on the cardboard to melt the wax. The cardboard will stop any wax from sticking to the surface of the iron.
- Spray the Scentsy counter cleaner on the wax and wipe it off when it is melted.
- Spray enough white vinegar or rubbing alcohol that will dissolve the wax and then wipe it off with a piece of cloth or a paper towel.
- Put a cloth soaked in hot water and cover the wax. The edges of the wax stain will melt a little bit. Now, remove it with a spatula or butter knife off the surface.
- Use your oven cleaner to dissolve the wax and then wipe it off.
When should you clean wax off outside of a Scentsy warmer?
There is no fixed time limit within which you must clean the outside of the Scentsy warmer. Just do it whenever you feel the need to do it. The wax inside the warmer should be changed once a week. You can clean the outside before you change the wax if you want.
And it’s common sense that you will have to clean the outside when it becomes too stained with wax and leaves you no choice but to clean.
More on GotBeachFries
Still have some questions? Follow the FAQ section below.
When to change wax in wax warmer
You should change the wax in your warmer at least once a week if you don’t want to do it more frequently. But generally, a cube of wax melts down in about 8-12 active hours. Extra cubes will add a few more hours. So, to get the constant fragrance you should change it when it is completely melted.
What can you do with old wax from a wax warmer?
You can do plenty. Make a scented pouch with the leftover wax and use it in your cabinets and drawers. You can make a scented candle with it. You can use it in the bathroom and make your bathroom smell nice. Or you could use them to make tea lights.
How do you get brown residue out of a wax warmer?
It’s quite easy. Take a Scentsy counter cleaner and spray it in the wax container. Spray enough of it and wait for a bit. The counter cleaner will dissolve the brown residue. When it is completely dissolved, wipe it off with a paper towel. You can use oven cleaner or white vinegar to get the same result.
Your Scentsy warmer should look nice as it smells nice, there is no arguing with that. But the unwanted spilled wax on the outside of the Scentsy warmer makes it look bad. Well, it should not anymore as you now know how to clean wax off outside of Scentsy warmer.
From all the ways discussed above, you should try the hairdryer method first. It is as easy as it is effective. But if you don’t have one, then go through all the other methods and you will certainly find one suitable for you. And when you are done cleaning, your Scentsy warmer will look as good as new.