Periwinkles are a type of small, edible sea snail. They can be eaten raw, but are often cooked. To cook periwinkles, first rinse them under cold water. Then, place them in a pot of boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Periwinkles can also be cooked in a microwave.
How To Cook Periwinkles
Periwinkles are a type of small, edible marine snail. They can be eaten raw or cooked. To cook periwinkles, first rinse them well under cold running water. Then, place them in a pot of boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes, until they are slightly pink in color. Drain the periwinkles and serve hot with melted butter or garlic butter.
– a pot or pan – periwinkles – butter – garlic – salt – pepper
- Place them in a saucepan with enough water to cover them
- Rinse the periwinkles in cold water
- Bring the water to a boil cook the periwinkles for 35 minutes, or
– Rinse the periwinkles with cold water. – Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add the periwinkles. – Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they turn bright pink. – Drain and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Prepare And Cook Winkles?
The best way to cook winkles is to first clean them by removing any debris or sand with a brush. Then, soak them in salted water for at least an hour. Next, cook them in a pan with a small amount of butter or oil until they are slightly pink and open.
Do Winkles Need Cooking?
No, winkles do not need cooking. They can be eaten raw or cooked.
How Do You Cook Shelled Periwinkle?
The best way to cook shelled periwinkle is to steam them.
Cooking periwinkles is easy. Simply rinse them and then boil for 3-5 minutes. They can also be steamed, microwaved, or baked.